Friday, June 29, 2007

IT’S TIME TO START THE MUSIC…

Every night Landon selects one of his DVDs to watch for a few minutes before he heads upstairs to slumber-land. Usually his selections are from his collection of Pixar movies, sometimes he chooses a Thomas the Tank Engine flick, and occasionally he’ll decide to inject a little education and watch his Letter Factory program from Leap Frog. Last night he requested the “silly green TVD” (his acronym for the TV and DVD synergy). I returned his request with a blank stare unsure of what he was referring to. He proceeded to open up the drawer in the cabinet and pull out our Season 1 Collection of the Muppet Show. I was stoked, and surprised, and completely unsure how he determined that the muppets were silly (which they undoubtedly are) since to the best of my knowledge he had never seen the show before.

I watched the Muppet Show as a kid and loved it. In high school I used to watch reruns whenever I could track them down on cable, some friends and I even held a search to try and find a girl who could hum the entire theme song. A few years ago when they released the first season on DVD I sent in a preorder. The muppets still take me to a place filled with happy memories.

So then it was with a little nervous trepidation that I loaded the muppet DVD into the player. I really wanted the boys to enjoy the fuzzy little creatures, but I was unsure how they would view these puppets compared to the impressive digital animation that they are accustomed to. A few scenes of Miss Piggy chasing Kermit around and tackling him with kisses that Landon didn’t completely understand started off the episode. Soon thereafter, Florence Henderson (that night’s guest host) and a gaggle of monsters belted out their rendition of the Turtles hit “So Happy Together”. Colt stood up from the floor and started dancing. Landon quickly followed suit, and giggles from both boys began to fill the room. It was awesome.

2 Comments:

At 4:42 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Nice! I love the muppets... I may have to get that for Jax.

 
At 12:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

One of my favorite childhood memories is curling up with pops with a bowl of popcorn and watching the Muppets.

Good stuff.

Adman

 

Post a Comment

<< Home